Daily Mass will resume on Monday, June 1st in the Church. There is no daily mass this Saturday, May 30th.
Confessions are by appointment and 4-4:30 Saturday.
The weekend mass will be streamed ON YOUTUBE <- Click the link to open the page. The stream will be live for a 5 PM mass as well as recorded for those who want to watch it on Sunday.
The Food Pantry is still open so if you can donate food items they are greatly appreciated.
Food Pantry Most Needed: Fruit, Vegetables, Jelly
Food Pantry Wish List: Beans, Cereal, Canned meats, Canned Pasta, Canned veggies, Canned Fruit, Canned Soup, Cream Soup, Stew, Helpers, Instant Potatoes, Chili, Mac & Cheese, Manwich, Misc Dressings, Mixes, Pasta & Sauces, Powdered Milk, Desert Mixes, Ramen, Rice, Cleaning products, Personal care items.
UPDATE: The Offices hours are changing at the end of May to 9:30AM - 9PM Monday - Friday.
If you can, please keep up with contributions. For those wishing to move over to online giving until normal activity resumes go to http://giving.shcva.org with your Envelope number to sign up. You may also mail in checks if you prefer.
Offertory and Tax Deduction Changes for all Taxpayers
The ongoing support of parish offertory is so important in meeting our parish expenses. All taxpayers for 2020 may take an "above-the-line" deduction for up to $300 in cash donations. If you itemize, you may deduct up to the entire amount of your adjusted gross income (AGI) for cash gifts in 2020, without reference to the 60 percent limitation that would otherwise apply.
More information can be found at the following website: https://arlingtondiocese.plannedgiving.org/cares-act
A Daily Reflection:
Remember that this weekend we celebrate the Feast of Pentecost the coming of the Holy Spirit may we allow that Spirit to flow into and out of us for the good of humanity and the whole world.
Kovar is our main charity created by the Virginia State Council of the Knights of Columbus to assist citizens of Virginia who are intellectually disabled. This year social distancing due the virus will prevent this collection. Many councils facing the same problem have moved forward to establish a virtual “pass-the-hat” program. Please consider contributing to our council's hat if you are able.
The easiest way to donate is online from our council's website using “Links of Interest”. The Kovar selection will bring up GiveDirect, the people that process Kovar’s credit card donations.
You will receive an immediate acknowledgement of the donation. Please enter our council number to assure Ascension Council receives credit.
If you want to donate by check, the payee should be Kovar Corporation for your charitable donation. Kovar will acknowledge donations of $50 or more for your records. Mail the check to:
Jeffrey Befumo, Treasurer
16933 Four Seasons Drive
Dumfries, Virginia 22025-3619
Close to us, Ascension has assisted a local Arc home coordinated by Bryan Roberts. Kovar funded a new kitchen in that home recognizing Bryan as the honoree of that grant.
One noteworthy item of interest: For years Kovar has had a member of Ascension as a Director and officer. Kovar added another Ascension member as a Director – Congratulate Doug Blair, who was elected to the Kovar Board of Directors for three-year term starting in July.
Let’s continue the tradition Ascension has with supporting Kovar.
Saturday | 5:00 PM
Streamed on YouTube
Sunday | 8:00 AM, 11:00 AM
4 - 4:30 Saturday
Happy Anniversary of Ordination to Father Mike and Deacon Gerry!
Please Do NOT turn in your rice bowls until further notice
**FAITH FORMATION - Classes and SPRED is CANCELLED until further notice.
**RCIA has been CANCELLED until further notice.
Churches Near Me: Churches Close To Me
⚠️⚠️⚠️PLEASE BE AWARE OF A PHISHING SCAM GOING AROUND THE DIOCESE
Please ignore any emails or texts that comes to you from our pastor with a vague request for “financial help” or to “buy cards” of any sort (i.e. store cards, steam cards, etc). They may say this is for cancer patients, etc….This is a scam. If you are contacted, please verify any information by calling the office first, at 703-590-0030. ⚠️⚠️⚠️
Parish Announcements will be shared here. For more information, check out this week's bulletin.
If you are new to Parish Giving and want to see a tutorial on how to sign up go to this Youtube Video.
Diocese of Arlington Child Protection
The Office of Child Protection and Victim Assistance provides opportunities to report abuse, heal from abuse, and find support. If you have questions, are looking for help from someone abusive and would like support, please visit our website at: https://www.arlingtondiocese.
Around the Diocese
A Prayer to Jesus for Healing and Guidance
(Closed weekdays 12 PM -1 PM for staff lunch)
- Reverend Michael J. Bazan, Pastor
- Father Edwin Seh, Parochial Vicar
- Deacon Gerald J. Moore, Permanent Deacon
- Deacon Alfred Caporaletti, Permanent Deacon
- Deacon Tim Slayter, Permanent Deacon
- Carol Weyel, Business Manager
- Arden Blair, Office Manager/Liaison Child Protection
- Anna Schroeder, Director of Music and Liturgy
- Dianne Anderson, Coordinator of Outreach Ministry/ Youth Ministry
- Alex Blair, Facilities Manager/ IT
- Katie Snead, Administrative Assistant
- Patty Keicer, Receptionist
- Anne Cashdollar, Director of Faith Formation and Sacraments Coordinator
- Brenda Cunningham, Administrative Assistant for Faith Formation
From Our Bishop
Readings for the week of May 24, 2020
- Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 / Mt 28:16-20
- 7th Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:12-14 / Ps 27:1, 4, 7-8  / 1 Pt 4:13-16 / Jn 17:1-11a
- Monday: Acts 19:1-8 / Ps 68:2-3ab, 4-5acd, 6-7ab [33a] / Jn 16:29-33
- Tuesday: Acts 20:17-27 / Ps 68:10-11, 20-21 [33a] / Jn 17:1-11a
- Wednesday: Acts 20:28-38 / Ps 68:29-30, 33-35a, 35bc-36ab [33a] / Jn 17:11b-19
- Thursday: Acts 22:30; 23:6-11 / Ps 16:1-2a and 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11  / Jn 17:20-26
- Friday: Acts 25:13b-21 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20ab [19a] / Jn 21:15-19
- Saturday: Morning: Acts 28:16-20, 30-31 / Ps 11:4, 5 and 7 [cf. 7b] / Jn 21:20-25
- Next Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ps 33:10-11, 12-13, 14-15 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / Dn 3:52, 53, 55, 56 [52b] or Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9  / Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34 [cf. 30] / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 / Jn 20:19-23