Fr. Shafer Leads Group to Greece-Turkey
Fr. Shafer, Parochial Vicar of St. Elizabeth of Hungary in Colonial Beach, VA will be Spiritual Director for a 13-Day Pilgrimage to Greece and Turkey from November 9th - 21st, 2022. The Itinerary includes 2 nights in Istanbul, 1 night each in Kavala, Thessaloniki, and Kalambaka, and 3 nights in Athens. A 3-Day cruise to the Greek islands of Mykonos, Patmos, Crete, and Santorini is also included. The cost is $4999 each. Deposit is $450 each with final payment by July 7th, 2022. The package includes air from most east coast cities, daily breakfast and dinners, Superior Tourist Class hotels, and English speaking guide. For more Information and brochures call John Tagnesi at 1-888-544-4461 or email [email protected] Thank you.
Saturday | 5:00 PM - Streamed on YouTube
Sunday | 7:45, 9:45, 11:45 AM
Daily Mass - In The Church
Monday - Saturday 9:00 AM
First Friday Mass - 6:30 PM
3:30 - 4:30 pm Saturday
7:00 - 8:00 pm Wednesday
6:00 - 6:30 pm First Friday
Live Stream Mass
The weekend mass will be streamed ON YOUTUBE <- Click the link to open the page. The stream will be live for the 5 PM mass as well as recorded for those who want to watch it on Sunday.
Franciscan At Home
(Closed weekdays 12 PM -1 PM for staff lunch)
Saturday and Sunday | Closed
The building will be open until 5:00 pm each day for Personal Prayer and Food Pantry donations. The building will be open for scheduled Confession times.
(Weekend and evening hours will open back up after the Pandemic)
If you are new to Parish Giving and want to see a tutorial on how to sign up go to this Youtube Video.
Saturday Mornings - 8:00 am - 10:00 am
The emergency food & clothing pantry is a non-profit service, staffed by parish volunteers and operated from the parish hall each Saturday morning. Due to Covid, we are now a drive-through pantry. Clothing is also available on Saturday mornings on a first come first serve basis. We ask anyone taking clothes to be considerate of the people after them and only take what they need. The Food Pantry is open to anyone in need. Food is also available by appointment during the week. To set up an appointment, call Dianne Anderson at 703-590-0030.
Current most needed items: Canned veggies, Cereal, Soup
- Father Stephen Holmes, Pastor
- Father Edwin Seh, Parochial Vicar/Director of Religious Education
- Deacon Gerald J. Moore, Permanent Deacon
- Deacon Alfred Caporaletti, Permanent Deacon
- Deacon Tim Slayter, Permanent Deacon
- Carol Weyel, Business Manager
- Arden Blair, Office Manager/Liaison Child Protection
- Anna Schroeder, Director of Music and Liturgy
- Alex Blair, Facilities Manager/ IT
- Katie Snead, Administrative Assistant
- Brenda Cunningham, Administrative Assistant for Faith Formation
- Dianne Anderson, Coordinator of Outreach Ministry/ Youth Ministry
For Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers
For any members of Sacred Heart who are Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers, please call the parish office and let us know which Masses you would be willing to serve. We completely understand if you do not feel comfortable returning to serve yet.
St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School
Now accepting applications! Tuition Assistance is available - click HERE to learn m
From Our Bishop
Pastoral Letter of Most Rev. Michael F. Burbidge, Bishop of Arlington
Diocese of Arlington Child Protection
The Office of Child Protection and Victim Assistance provides opportunities to report abuse, heal from abuse, and find support. If you have questions, are looking for help from someone abusive and would like support, please visit our website at: https://www.arlingtondiocese.
If you have completed the Virtus "Protecting God's Children" class out of state and want to transfer your Virtus to the Diocese of Arlington, please call 1-888-847-8870. You will need to let them know which state you have been Virtus certified.
Readings for the week of December 5, 2021
- Sunday: Bar 5:1-9 / Ps 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6  / Phil 1:4-6, 8-11 / Lk 3:1-6
- Monday: Is 35:1-10 / Ps 85:9ab and 10, 11-12, 13-14 [cf. Is 35:4f] / Lk 5:17-26
- Tuesday: Is 40:1-11 / Ps 96:1-2, 3 and 10ac, 11-12, 13 [cf. Is 40:10ab] / Mt 18:12-14
- Wednesday: Gn 3:9-15, 20 / Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 3cd-4  / Eph 1:3-6, 11-12 / Lk 1:26-38
- Thursday: Is 41:13-20 / Ps 145:1 and 9, 10-11, 12-13ab  / Mt 11:11-15
- Friday: Is 48:17-19 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6 [cf. Jn 8:12] / Mt 11:16-19
- Saturday: Sir 48:1-4, 9-11 / Ps 80:2ac and 3b, 15-16, 18-19  / Mt 17:9a, 10-13
- Next Sunday: Zep 3:14-18a / Is12:2-3, 4, 5-6  / Phil 4:4-7 / Lk 3:10-18