There will be no parish activities outside of mass and sacraments through September. We will reevaluate the situation in September. Thank you for your understanding.
Update on Mask Policy: Anyone 10 and under does not have to wear a mask.
If you can, please keep up with contributions. For those wishing to move over to online giving until normal activity resumes go to http://giving.shcva.org with your Envelope number to sign up. You may also mail in checks if you prefer.
Offertory and Tax Deduction Changes for all Taxpayers
The ongoing support of parish offertory is so important in meeting our parish expenses. All taxpayers for 2020 may take an "above-the-line" deduction for up to $300 in cash donations. If you itemize, you may deduct up to the entire amount of your adjusted gross income (AGI) for cash gifts in 2020, without reference to the 60 percent limitation that would otherwise apply.
For more information contact the Development Office at Arlington Diocese (703) 841-3896.
The Food Pantry is still open so if you can donate food items they are greatly appreciated.
Food Pantry Most Needed: Canned Fruit, Cereal, Instant Potatoes
Food Pantry Wish List:
Reintegration & Mass
Eucharistic Adoration at Sacred Heart
Adoration is returning to normal hours on Wednesdays. Adorers MUST still report in to the parish office to sign in for their time and check back out with the office when leaving. There MUST be at least one adorer in the Church at all times.
These rules go into effect on September 19th and will last until we are out of the pandemic period.
- Fr. Mike Bazan
A message from Bishop Burbidge
The weekend mass will be streamed ON YOUTUBE <- Click the link to open the page. The stream will be live for a 5 PM mass as well as recorded for those who want to watch it on Sunday.
A Daily Reflection:
Saturday | 5:00 PM - Streamed on YouTube
Sunday | 7:45, 9:45, 11:45 AM
Daily Mass - In The Church
Monday - Saturday 9:00 AM
3:30 - 4:30 Saturday
Please Do NOT turn in your rice bowls until further notice
Churches Near Me: Churches Close To Me
October 3-4 - In 4 weeks, our second collection will support the annual Mission Cooperative Plan Appeal for our diocese. Our parish mission organization is Sisters Servants Immaculate Heart Mary (IHM). This appeal helps our brothers and sisters who not not have access to basic pastoral services that support and grow their faith, like Mass, the sacraments, religious education, as well as basic needs - like food, shelter, and healthcare. Please go to https://arlingtonmissions.org/sisters-of-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary/ to find out more about their ministry. If you would like to donate to their efforts, click the link at the bottom on the page. Through your support, the MCP Appeal helps these mission organizations form vibrant faith communities and strengthens the global Church. Your gifts and prayers will be a blessing to families who benefit from loving outreach in mission countries.
⚠️⚠️⚠️PLEASE BE AWARE OF A PHISHING SCAM GOING AROUND THE DIOCESE
Please ignore any emails or texts that comes to you from our pastor with a vague request for “financial help” or to “buy cards” of any sort (i.e. store cards, steam cards, etc). They may say this is for cancer patients, etc….This is a scam. If you are contacted, please verify any information by calling the office first, at 703-590-0030. ⚠️⚠️⚠️
Parish Announcements will be shared here. For more information, check out this week's bulletin.
If you are new to Parish Giving and want to see a tutorial on how to sign up go to this Youtube Video.
Friday | 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
(Closed weekdays 12 PM -1 PM for staff lunch)
Sunday | 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Reverend Michael J. Bazan, Pastor
- Father Edwin Seh, Parochial Vicar/Director of Religious Education
- Deacon Gerald J. Moore, Permanent Deacon
- Deacon Alfred Caporaletti, Permanent Deacon
- Deacon Tim Slayter, Permanent Deacon
- Carol Weyel, Business Manager
- Arden Blair, Office Manager/Liaison Child Protection
- Anna Schroeder, Director of Music and Liturgy
- Dianne Anderson, Coordinator of Outreach Ministry/ Youth Ministry
- Alex Blair, Facilities Manager/ IT
- Suzannah Evans, Communications Director
- Katie Snead, Administrative Assistant
- Brenda Cunningham, Administrative Assistant for Faith Formation
- Patty Keicer, Receptionist
A Prayer to Jesus for Healing and Guidance
Readings for the week of September 20, 2020
- Sunday: Is 55:6-9 / Ps 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18 [18a] / Phil 1:20c-24, 27a / Mt 20:1-16a
- Monday: Eph 4:1-7, 11-13 / Ps 19:2-3, 4-5  / Mt 9:9-13
- Tuesday: Prv 21:1-6, 10-13 / Ps 119:1, 27, 30, 34. 35, 44  / Lk 8:19-21
- Wednesday: Prv 30:5-9 / Ps 119:29, 72, 89, 101, 104, 163  / Lk 9:1-6
- Thursday: Eccl 1:2-11 / Ps 90:3-4, 5-6, 12-13, 14 and 17bc  / Lk 9:7-9
- Friday: Eccl 3:1-11 / Ps 144:1b and 2abc, 3-4  / Lk 9:18-22
- Saturday: Eccl 11:9—12:8 / Ps 90:3-4, 5-6, 12-13, 14 and 17  / Lk 9:43b-45
- Next Sunday: Ez 18:25-28 / Ps 25:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [6a] / Phil 2:1-11 or 2:1-5 / Mt 21:28-32
From Our Bishop
Pastoral Letter of Most Rev. Michael F. Burbidge, Bishop of Arlington
Diocese of Arlington Child Protection
The Office of Child Protection and Victim Assistance provides opportunities to report abuse, heal from abuse, and find support. If you have questions, are looking for help from someone abusive and would like support, please visit our website at: https://www.arlingtondiocese.