Located in the Diocese of Arlington
Our Parish is located in Manassas, Virginia.
Saturday | 5:00 PM
Sunday | 7:45 AM (There is no music at this Mass), 9:45 AM, 11:45 AM, 5:30 PM
Daily Mass Times
Monday - Saturday | 9:00 AM at the Sacred Heart Chapel
Wednesday morning Mass is held at the Church followed by Adoration until 8 p.m.
During Lent and Advent, ALL Masses are at the church.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation
Wednesdays | 7:00 - 8:00 PM
Saturday | 3:30-4:30 PM or by appointment
Young Adults . Would you like to be a part of a group geared to the Young Adults at Sacred Heart? We are creating a Young Adult ministry just for you. Young adults are people between the ages of 18 and 38. This ministry is in the process of being formed, Young Adults are needed to help create the ministry they want. The meetings are scheduled for Sunday nights at 8. If you are interested contact [email protected].
⚠️⚠️⚠️PLEASE BE AWARE OF A PHISHING SCAM GOING AROUND THE DIOCESE
Please ignore any emails or texts that comes to you from our pastor with a vague request for “financial help” or to “buy cards” of any sort (i.e. store cards, steam cards, etc). They may say this is for cancer patients, etc….This is a scam. If you are contacted, please verify any information by calling the office first, at 703-590-0030. ⚠️⚠️⚠️
Parish Announcements will be shared here. For more information, check out this week's bulletin.
Diocese of Arlington Child Protection
The Office of Child Protection and Victim Assistance provides opportunities to report abuse, heal from abuse, and find support. If you have questions, are looking for help from someone abusive and would like support, please visit our website at: https://www.arlingtondiocese.
Friday | 9 AM -5 PM
Sunday | 8 AM -2 PM
(Closed weekdays 12 PM -1 PM for staff lunch)
Lent Family Night - On February 29th at 6:00 pm Youth Ministry will be hosting a Family Night. We will be playing Lent Trivia and sharing ideas on activities families can do to help enhance their Lenten experience. For information contact Dianne Anderson or email [email protected].
Meatless Meals - Fridays during lent Sacred Heart has Meatless Meals. Each week a different ministry will provide a tasty meal, check the bulletin board by the food pantry box to see what will be served. During the evening we will have a speaker. This year's theme is Reflections on the Sorrowful Mysteries. We will start serving dinner at 6:00 and finish at 7:00. There is NO cost for the meal, however we will take an optional donation for CRS Rice Bowls. Dinners are followed by Stations of the Cross at 7:30
- Reverend Michael J. Bazan, Pastor
- Father Edwin Seh, Parochial Vicar
- Deacon Gerald J. Moore, Permanent Deacon
- Deacon Alfred Caporaletti, Permanent Deacon
- Deacon Tim Slayter, Permanent Deacon
- Carol Weyel, Business Manager
- Arden Blair, Office Manager/Liaison Child Protection
- Anna Schroeder, Director of Music and Liturgy
- Dianne Anderson, Coordinator of Outreach Ministry/ Youth Ministry
- Alex Blair, Facilities Manager/ IT
- Katie Snead, Administrative Assistant
- Patty Keicer, Receptionist
- Anne Cashdollar, Director of Faith Formation and Sacraments Coordinator
- Brenda Cunningham, Administrative Assistant for Faith Formation
From Our Bishop
Readings for the week of February 16, 2020
- Sunday: Sir 15:15-20 / Ps 119:1-2, 4-5, 17-18, 33-34 [1b] / 1 Cor 2:6-10 / Mt 5:17-37 or 5:20-22a, 27-28, 33-34a, 37
- Monday: Jas 1:1-11 / Ps 119:67, 68, 71, 72, 75, 76 [77a] / Mk 8:11-13
- Tuesday: Jas 1:12-18 / Ps 94:12-13a, 14-15, 18-19 [12a] / Mk 8:14-21
- Wednesday: Jas 1:19-27 / Ps 15:2-3a, 3bc-4ab, 5 [1b] / Mk 8:22-26
- Thursday: Jas 2:1-9 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7 [7a] / Mk 8:27-33
- Friday: Jas 2:14-24, 26 / Ps 112:1-2, 3-4, 5-6 [cf. 1b] / Mk 8:34—9:1
- Saturday: 1 Pt 5:1-4 / Ps 23:1-3a, 4, 5, 6  / Mt 16:13-19
- Next Sunday: Lv 19:1-2, 17-18 / Ps 103:1-2, 3-4, 8, 10, 12-13 [8a] / 1 Cor 3:16-23 / Mt 5:38-48