This week at Sacred Heart
Congratulations to Fr. Mike on 37 years as a priest and to Deacon Gerry on 39 years as a Deacon. Thank you for all that you do for the Church.
Saturday | 5:00 PM - Streamed on YouTube
Sunday | 7:45, 9:45, 11:45 AM
Daily Mass - In The Church
Monday - Saturday 9:00 AM
3:30 - 4:30 pm Saturday
7:00 - 8:00 pm Wednesday
Anyone 5 and under does not have to wear a mask. For everyone's protection, in compliance with Government Mandate, please wear face protection when entering Sacred Heart's facilities.
Live Stream Mass
The weekend mass will be streamed ON YOUTUBE <- Click the link to open the page. The stream will be live for the 5 PM mass as well as recorded for those who want to watch it on Sunday.
(Closed weekdays 12 PM -1 PM for staff lunch)
Saturday and Sunday | Closed
The building will be open until 5:00 pm each day for Personal Prayer and Food Pantry donations. The building will be open for scheduled Confession times.
(Weekend and evening hours will open back up after the Pandemic)
Virtual Holy Hour
If you are not able to physically visit Sacred Heart, but would like to, here is a Virtual Holy Hour with footage from around the Church. We know it is not the same, but hope it provides aid to your prayer life.
If you are new to Parish Giving and want to see a tutorial on how to sign up go to this Youtube Video.
Saturday Mornings - 8:00 am - 10:00 am
The emergency food & clothing pantry is a non-profit service, staffed by parish volunteers and operated from the parish hall each Saturday morning. Due to Covid, we are now a drive-through pantry. Clothing is also available on Saturday mornings on a first come first serve basis. We ask anyone taking clothes to be considerate of the people after them and only take what they need. The Food Pantry is open to anyone in need. Food is also available by appointment during the week. To set up an appointment, call Dianne Anderson at 703-590-0030.
Current most needed items: Canned Vegetables, Rice, Instant Potatoes
Welcome to Sacred Heart
For Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers
For any members of Sacred Heart who are Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers, please call the parish office and let us know which Masses you would be willing to serve. We completely understand if you do not feel comfortable returning to serve yet.
Annual Pastor's Letter to the Parish
Dear Parishioners of Sacred Heart,
Hopefully, in spite of the current situation, this letter finds you and yours safe and well.
Each year, the Diocese asks its Pastors to give the Parish an account of the income and expenses from the previous fiscal year (included on the back of this letter). The last fiscal year ended with lower Mass attendance and consequently a slowdown of income due to the fact that no one was allowed to attend Mass in person.
I was deeply touched that so many of you were very generous in keeping up with your contributions in spite of the situation. The parish continued to operate on a limited scale throughout the lockdown period and continues to do so given the state and Diocesan mandates and limitations.
We took advantage of the “down-time,” so to speak, and completed some much-needed upgrades around the church facilities. Over the summer, we finally resurfaced the parking lot. We’re excited to say that the next time you drive through our parking lot, you will not have to dodge any potholes! Inside the church, we replaced all of the light fixtures with LEDs. We have upgraded our sound system and are in the process of adding outdoor speakers to better minister to anyone who feels more comfortable attending Mass outside. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, given the circumstances, we have installed a new virus-killing filtration system in the Church and some meeting rooms. We will continue to add this filtration system throughout our facilities.
Perhaps you’ve heard me mention this already, but in efforts to provide better communication and to help manage the crowds that the Holiday Season brings, we have teamed up with Flocknote, an online event management tool that we will be using for the Christmas Masses. We will be providing further information and instructions regarding Flocknote in the next few weeks, so please stay tuned via the bulletin and on our Facebook page and website.
In regards to the recent raffle, ticket sales brought in a total of $31,705. The overall profit was $22,246 after the expenses totaled $9,459. The three winners were David Zaremski, Pat Charron, and Laurette Taylor. Congratulations to our winners and thank you to everyone who purchased tickets.
Well, that about sums it up - this is the majority of what has been going on here at Sacred Heart.
We are grateful to live in a time with such abundant and accessible digital communication tools that have made this time just a little easier. If you have any needs, please let us know, and we will do what we can to address them.
Fr. Mike Bazan, Pastor
(For a full Financial Report, please contact the Parish Office)
Readings for the week of May 9, 2021
- Sunday: Acts 10:25-26, 34-35, 44-48 / Ps 98:1, 2-3, 3-4 [cf. 2b] / 1 Jn 4:7-10 / Jn 15:9-17
- Monday: Acts 16:11-15 / Ps 149:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6a and 9b [cf. 4a] / Jn 15:26—16:4a
- Tuesday: Acts 16:22-34 / Ps 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8 [7c] / Jn 16:5-11
- Wednesday: Acts 17:15, 22—18:1 / Ps 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14 / Jn 16:12-15
- Thursday: Acts 18:1-8 / Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 3cd-4 [cf. 2b] / Jn 16:16-20 Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20
- Friday: Acts 1:15-17, 20-26 / Ps 113:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8  / Jn 15:9-17
- Saturday: Acts 18:23-28 / Ps 47:2-3, 8-10, 10 [8a] / Jn 16:23b-28
- Next Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20 Seventh Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:15-17, 20a, 20c-26 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20 [19a] / 1 Jn 4:11-16 / Jn 17:11b-19
- Reverend Michael J. Bazan, Pastor
- Father Edwin Seh, Parochial Vicar/Director of Religious Education
- Deacon Gerald J. Moore, Permanent Deacon, Retired
- Deacon Alfred Caporaletti, Permanent Deacon
- Deacon Tim Slayter, Permanent Deacon
- Carol Weyel, Business Manager
- Arden Blair, Office Manager/Liaison Child Protection
- Anna Schroeder, Director of Music and Liturgy
- Alex Blair, Facilities Manager/ IT
- Katie Snead, Administrative Assistant
- Suzannah Evans, Communications Director
- Brenda Cunningham, Administrative Assistant for Faith Formation
- Dianne Anderson, Coordinator of Outreach Ministry/ Youth Ministry
A Prayer to Jesus for Healing and Guidance
From Our Bishop
Pastoral Letter of Most Rev. Michael F. Burbidge, Bishop of Arlington
Diocese of Arlington Child Protection
The Office of Child Protection and Victim Assistance provides opportunities to report abuse, heal from abuse, and find support. If you have questions, are looking for help from someone abusive and would like support, please visit our website at: https://www.arlingtondiocese.
St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School
Now accepting applications! Tuition Assistance is available - click HERE to learn more.