Lifting the General Dispensation from the Obligation to Attend Mass
Phishing Email Scam
Please be advised that Sacred Heart Clergy and Staff members will NEVER make financial requests (cash or gift cards) via email. If you receive such an email, do not respond, and mark it as spam.
Saturday | 5:00 PM - Streamed on YouTube
Sunday | 7:45, 9:45, 11:45 AM
Daily Mass - In The Church
Monday - Saturday 9:00 AM
3:30 - 4:30 pm Saturday
7:00 - 8:00 pm Wednesday
Live Stream Mass
The weekend mass will be streamed ON YOUTUBE <- Click the link to open the page. The stream will be live for the 5 PM mass as well as recorded for those who want to watch it on Sunday.
Virtual Holy Hour
If you are not able to physically visit Sacred Heart, but would like to, here is a Virtual Holy Hour with footage from around the Church. We know it is not the same, but hope it provides aid to your prayer life.
(Closed weekdays 12 PM -1 PM for staff lunch)
Saturday and Sunday | Closed
The building will be open until 5:00 pm each day for Personal Prayer and Food Pantry donations. The building will be open for scheduled Confession times.
(Weekend and evening hours will open back up after the Pandemic)
Saturday Mornings - 8:00 am - 10:00 am
The emergency food & clothing pantry is a non-profit service, staffed by parish volunteers and operated from the parish hall each Saturday morning. Due to Covid, we are now a drive-through pantry. Clothing is also available on Saturday mornings on a first come first serve basis. We ask anyone taking clothes to be considerate of the people after them and only take what they need. The Food Pantry is open to anyone in need. Food is also available by appointment during the week. To set up an appointment, call Dianne Anderson at 703-590-0030.
Current most needed items: Canned Vegetables, Peanut Butter, Instant Potatoes
Mission Cooperative Plan Appeal
On August 21, our second collection will support the annual Mission Cooperative Plan Appeal for our diocese. Our parish mission organization is Banica. This appeal helps our brothers and sisters who do not have access to basic pastoral services that support and grow their faith, like Mass, the sacraments, religious education as well as basic needs – like food, shelter and healthcare. Please go to https://arlingtonmissions.org/diocese-of-arlington-banica-mission/ to find out more about their ministry. If you would like to donate to their efforts click the link at the bottom on the page. Through your support, the MCP Appeal helps these mission organizations form vibrant faith communities and strengthens the global Church. Your gifts and prayers will be a blessing to families who benefit from this loving outreach in mission countries!
Fr. Holmes' Installation Mass
If you are new to Parish Giving and want to see a tutorial on how to sign up go to this Youtube Video.
Welcome to Sacred Heart
For Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers
For any members of Sacred Heart who are Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers, please call the parish office and let us know which Masses you would be willing to serve. We completely understand if you do not feel comfortable returning to serve yet.
Readings for the week of August 1, 2021
- Sunday: Ex 16:2-4, 12-15 / Ps 78:3-4, 23-24, 25, 54 [24b] / Eph 4:17, 20-24 / Jn 6:24-35
- Monday: Nm 11:4b-15 / Ps 81:12-13, 14-15, 16-17 [2a] / Mt 14:13-21
- Tuesday: Nm 12:1-13 / Ps 51:3-4, 5-6ab, 6cd-7, 12-13 [cf. 3a] / Mt 14:22-36 or
- Mt 15: 1-2, 10-14
- Wednesday: Nm 13:1-2, 25—14:1, 26-29a, 34-35 / Ps 106:6-7ab, 13-14, 21-22, 23 [4a] / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/080521.cfm
- Mt 15: 21-28
- Thursday: Nm 20:1-13 / Ps 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9  / Mt 16:13-23
- Friday: Dn 7:9-10, 13-14 / Ps 97:1-2, 5-6, 9 [1a and 9a] / 2 Pt 1:16-19 / Mk 9:2-10
- Saturday: Dn 6:4-13 / Ps 18: 28, 3-4. 47 and 51 / Mk 17:14-20
- Next Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:4-8 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [9a] / Eph 4:30—5:2 / Jn 6:41-51
- Father Stephen Holmes, Pastor
- Father Edwin Seh, Parochial Vicar/Director of Religious Education
- Deacon Gerald J. Moore, Permanent Deacon, Retired
- Deacon Alfred Caporaletti, Permanent Deacon
- Deacon Tim Slayter, Permanent Deacon
- Carol Weyel, Business Manager
- Arden Blair, Office Manager/Liaison Child Protection
- Anna Schroeder, Director of Music and Liturgy
- Alex Blair, Facilities Manager/ IT
- Katie Snead, Administrative Assistant
- Suzannah Evans, Communications Director
- Brenda Cunningham, Administrative Assistant for Faith Formation
- Dianne Anderson, Coordinator of Outreach Ministry/ Youth Ministry
A Prayer to Jesus for Healing and Guidance
From Our Bishop
Pastoral Letter of Most Rev. Michael F. Burbidge, Bishop of Arlington
Diocese of Arlington Child Protection
The Office of Child Protection and Victim Assistance provides opportunities to report abuse, heal from abuse, and find support. If you have questions, are looking for help from someone abusive and would like support, please visit our website at: https://www.arlingtondiocese.
If you have completed the Virtus "Protecting God's Children" class out of state and want to transfer your Virtus to the Diocese of Arlington, please call 1-888-847-8870. You will need to let them know which state you have been Virtus certified.
St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School
Now accepting applications! Tuition Assistance is available - click HERE to learn more.