The Christian home is the place where children receive the first proclamation of the faith. For this reason the family home is rightly called "the domestic church," a community of grace and prayer, a school of human virtues and of Christian charity. - Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1666
"The best and surest way to learn the love of Jesus is through the family." - Saint Thersea of Calcutta
Through baptism your children received the light of Christ. You, as parents, have been entrusted with the mission to keep this light of faith burning brightly. Here we have gathered resources we hope will inspire and support you in building your domestic church to keep the light of faith burning brightly in your family. Please let us know how we can support you (but not replace you) in passing on the faith to your children.
*** Join us Wednesdays from 4:00 - 5:00 pm in the church for a Holy Hour for Families. ***
This is a time to introduce your children to Eucharistic Adoration without worry of disturbing others. Stay for the whole hour or come and go as needed. Children must be accompanied by a parent.
- Building Catholic Culture - Family Culture
- Heaven in Your Home Workshop
- Catholic All Year - Liturgical Living
- Catholic Sprouts - Podcast for Kids
- CGS in the Home
- Cardinal Burke: The Family is a Little Church
- Scott and Kimberly Hahn – The Domestic Church
- Building the Domestic Church
- Conversations That Matter: The Domestic Church – Dr. Jared Staudt
- Why Should We Nurture a Domestic Church?
- Living Beyond Sunday: Making Your Home a Holy Place
- The Catholic All Year Compendium
- A Short Guide to Praying as a Family: Growing Together in Faith and Love Each Day
Reading Scripture or Bible stories with your children is an easy way to beign sharing your faith with them.
Enthroning the Bible in your home is a way Catholic families show their devotion to the living Word of God.
- The Bible for Little Ones (for toddlers)
- The Beautiful Story of the Bible (ages 5+)
- The Catholic Bible for Children (ages 7+)
- My Catholic Bible (ages 7+)
- The Catholic Children's Bible (ages 7+)
- The Catholic Youth Bible (ages 12+)
- The Holy Bible (18+)
- Catechism of the Catholic Church (paragraphs 1655 – 1658, 1666)
- The Role of the Christian Family in the Modern World – Saint John Paul II
- Letter to Families – Saint John Paul II